Visit to the IKAT Pejeng
During the pandemic, many people around the island lost their jobs. Thanks to a unique local initiative with some international assistance, the long-forgotten artisan craft of Ikat weaving is returning to the village of Pejeng. Extra looms were acquired, and the women bought cotton and silk thread at the Klungkung Markets and began to teach each other the long-neglected art of weaving local Ikat. The result is that today, Pejeng Kangin has re-established its Ikat cottage industry. Twelve women are clacking away on their looms in the village, six days a week!
Your Travel Schedule
11.00 - 12.00
Lunch at DAPUR USADA
12.00 - 12.30
Travel to Pejeng Village
12.30 - 13.00
Introduction Astawa: The History of Pejeng
13.00 - 14.00
Meeting the weavers
14.00 - 14.30
Tea and discussion with the weavers
Where is the meeting point?
Vegetarian lunch by DAPUR USADA
Event activity as described above
Tea & Coffee during visit
What's not included?
- Please check your booking confirmation on the trip
- Guests are required to bring a booking confirmation upon arrival
- Prices might change from time to time with or without notice
- Guest are obliged to pay attention to the provision of facilities and services provided
- Healthy and free from COVID - 19
Rp400.000 / orang